I love to have a big bowl of chilled gazpacho in my fridge through the warmer months. The core ingredients change as the season progresses as gazpacho is not just reserved for tomatoes – right now it’s all about asparagus. This one is a perfect go-to meal on the run but equally refreshing and zingy to serve to guests (and so pretty, don’t you think?).
- 400g asparagus
- 1 avocado
- 50 ml coconut milk
- 1 small cucumber or a 60g piece
- 20 g basil
- 10g mint
- small clove of garlic
- pinch of salt
- juice of 1 lime
- 700 ml ice cold water
- a handful of grapes, halved for garnish – optional
- Remove the woody ends of the asparagus and blanch for 1-2 minutes depending on thickness, refresh in ice cold water. Trim 20 tips and save for garnish.
- Blend the remaining asparagus with the rest of the ingredients with half of the water until creamy and smooth. Add the remaining water, adjusting if necessary to get the texture, it should be thick and creamy, put still pourable.
- Chill for a few hours in the fridge before serving with the asparagus tips and a scattering of grapes.