I am delighted to echo the news that #BakeForSyria Recipe Book is now available for pre-order. I am immensely proud to have contributed a recipe. #BakeForSyria started by baker Lily Vanilli is the latest iteration of #CookForSyria the supper-club that became a global movement. This book follows the best-selling recipe book #CookForSyria which can also be purchased on Amazon.
If you LOVE Middle Eastern cooking, this recipe book is perfect for you. The book is filled with:
- Traditional dessert recipes donated by Syrian families – passed down from generations.
- Syrian-inspired recipes lovingly donated by celebrity chefs, Great British Bake Off alumni and award winning cookbook authors.
- Stunning photography, artwork and design – all 100% donated
With contributions from:
- Anna Jones, Bill Granger, Dalia Dogmoch, Deliciously Ella, Dominique Ansel, Helen Goh, Imad Alarnab, Jamie Oliver, Jasmine Hemsley, Jordan Bourke, Lily Vanilli, Maggie Beer, Melissa Hemsley, Paul A Young, Rachel Khoo, Thomasina Miers, Yottam Ottolenghi, Amelia Freer … and many more!
Not for Profit …
- All profits from the sale of both recipe books will be donated to charity – in aid of UNICEF’s Children of Syria Appeal.
About #BakeForSyria …
- Started by Lily Vanilli as an offshoot of the award-winning #CookForSyria campaign founded by Clerkenwell Boy and Serena Guen (founder of Suitcase Magazine and Unicef UK s ambassador for Next Generation London).
- #BakeForSyria first event took place in the famous Columbia Road London and has since capture the minds of school children, professionals and chefs all over the world Leveraging the power of social media, top chefs, cookbook authors and families with links to Syria were encouraged to get involved by sharing their favourite recipes online with a #CookForSyria inspired twist so that anyone could host their own charity supper club at home, bake sale or just learn about the amazing cuisine and culture of Syria.
- As Syrian and Middle Eastern inspired recipes flooded in, it made sense to share these beyond social media and in the form of a beautiful not for profit recipe book.
PRE-ORDER NOW FROM AMAZON