Recipe taken from my book Cook. Nourish. Glow. (2016) from the Entertaining chapter.
This is such a sweet little pudding. As you know, I’m not one for sweet treats but this is a little pop of yumminess – perfect for dinner parties, and it won’t leave your guests rolling around on the floor with indigestion.
- 150g raspberries
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 vanilla pod, cut in half and seeds, scraped out
- 1 tablespoon coconut blossom nectar or maple syrup (or sweetener of your choice)
- 1 small eating apple, peeled and cored
- 3 large passion fruits
- 30g cashew nuts, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 6 mint leaves, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180c/160c fan/gas 4. In a saucepan over a low heat, cook the raspberries with the coconut oil, vanilla seeds and pod, and the coconut blossom nectar or maple syrup for 3 to 4 minutes, until the berries have softened.
- Whizz the apple in a food processor, add to the compote and cook for another minute. Take off the heat and remove the vanilla pod.
- Halve and empty the passion fruits, reserving the shells, and put into a bowl with the compote. If the compote is very runny, strain the juices through a sieve into the saucepan and bubble over a medium heat until thick and syrupy. Pour this syrup back into the compote. If it’s slightly too tart for your taste, add a little more coconut blossom nectar or maple syrup.
- Spoon the compote into the passion-fruit shells, scatter over the chopped cashews and sprinkle with a little coconut sugar.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes (depending on your oven). Serve sprinkled with the finely chopped mint.
Taken from my book. Cook. Nourish. Glow. Containing 120 delicious and easy to prepare recipes.
Photo credit: Susan Bell