This is a brilliant (and far more delicious) alternative to pasta. The courgette/zucchini linguine is made using a spiralizer, but you can easily substitute this with a vegetable peeler. It’s perfect for spring as we start to crave lighter, fresher meals.
I love this recipe and serve it often to friends as a light lunch or supper.
Serves 2 (generously)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 fennel, very finely shredded
- splash of olive oil
- 2 courgettes, washed, halved and turned into short “zoodles” (you will need a spiralizer for this, alternatively you could use a vegetable peeler to make thin strips of courgette)
- ½ glass white wine (optional)
- 200 g Fresh white crab meat
- 1 avocado, cut into thin strips
- Fresh chilli, finely diced (or dried chilli flakes if you prefer)
- Juice of one lime
- Sea salt to taste
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic, fennel and olive oil. Sauté for a few minutes to soften (not brown) then add the “zoodles” and wine (if adding) and cook for a few minutes to soften.
- Finally, stir in the crab and avocado and then serve garnish with the chilli, lime juice and a little salt to taste.
Photo Credit : Ali Allen