Green Breakfast Smoothie
Serves 4 generously // Prep 20 mins // Total time 20 mins
Make the smoothie up to a day ahead, keep chilled and stir thoroughly before serving.
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1 cucumber (peeled, if not organic), trimmed and roughly chopped
- a handful of young-leaf spinach
- 1 avocado, peeled and stoned
- 2cm cube of root ginger, peeled
- 16 mint leaves
- juice of 2 limes
- 4 kiwi fruit, peeled
- 4 tbsp cashew nut butter (from a jar or homemade, see kitchen secret; check it’s gluten free)
- about 500ml coconut water (or water)
- 4 ice cubes
Blend everything together in batches in a large high-speed blender – add a little more water if you think the juice should be a little thinner. Serve in glasses.
Top Tip: To make cashew nut butter, soak 4 tbsp cashew nuts in water overnight, then drain, rinse and blend with 100ml water until smooth.
Created for Sainsbury’s Magazine
Recipe photograph by Martin Poole