Easy to make and packed with flavour, this super nutritious and rainbow colourful salad-in-a-jar is the perfect alternative ‘packed-lunch’, picnic treat, or to eat on the go.
- Start by adding chickpeas to the jar. They’re a good source of protein for lunch time and help to keep you filled for longer – the perfect substitute to bread and pasta.
- Next top it this up with sweetcorn, which complements the chickpeas.
- Then add some avocado. Before adding the avocado to the jar, cover it with lemon juice to stop it from going brown.
- Add a layer of grated carrot and sprinkle some spring onions on top.
- Top it up with cherry tomatoes.
- Finally, add your lettuce on top so that it doesn’t get soggy.
- It’s as easy as that. You’re left with a nutritious and delicious rainbow salad.
- I recommend adding fruit to your salad, as it’ll leave you with less to carry to work and it will go brilliantly with the salad: try pomegranate seeds; grated apple; or pear. Lovely!