This is super easy and so much nicer than a packed lunch. It is my homage to the abundance of fresh produce in the garden at the moment.
Ingredients // Serves 2:
- 1 cucumber, made into noodles using a spiralizer
- 1 packet feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 beetroot, washed, peeled and grated, and dressed in lemon juice & a little salt
- 2 carrots, washed, peeled and grated
- 1 avocado, stone removed and cut into small cubes & mixed with lemon juice
- 8 Cherry tomatoes cut into quarters
- 6 Green olives, without stones, cut into quarters
- 1/2 large red onion, peeled and finely diced (or spring onions)
- 2 handfuls of lettuce leaves such as lambs, rocket or baby gem
- Alfalfa or broccoli sprouts (optional)
- 10 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 10 mint leaves, finely chopped
- Juice of 2 lemons (to marinade the avocado and beetroot)
- Salt & pepper to taste
For the dressing:
- Olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- Salt & pepper
Prep all of the ingredients and then layer them in jars, starting with the beetroot, then cucumber noodles, then feta, avocado, carrot, olives, tomatoes, onion, sprouts then herbs and top with the lettuce leaves.
Make the dressing by putting all of the ingredients into a jam jar and shake vigorously and store in a small pot at the top of the mason jar with salad or separately.