THIS RECIPE IS TAKEN FROM MY NEW EBOOK: STEP INTO SUMMER
These muffins are so easy to make and the lemon makes them feel light and fresh. I’ll often whip up a batch for impromptu visitors. Don’t you find the sun seems to make everyone much more sociable? Enjoy these with a cup of delicious green tea.
You’ll Need (makes 12)
- 160g ground almonds
- 120g teff flour
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 100g honey
- 120g coconut oil (cuisine flavour if possible)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence zest of 2 lemons
- 4 eggs, yolk separated
- 160ml nut milk (I used almond)
- juice of one lemon
- 250g rasberries
- Pre heat oven to 180c and grease or line a 12 hole muffin tin.
- Combine the ground almonds, teff flour, tapioca, baking powder and salt in bowl and whisk to make sure there are no lumps.
- In a food processor, combine the honey, coconut oil, vanilla essence and lemon zest until smooth, then add the egg yolks one by one until you have a creamy mix.
- Beat the egg whites to soft peaks. Add the wet mix to the dry mix, along with the nut milk, lemon juice and 2/3 of the raspberries and fold to combine.
- Fold in the egg whites and divide evenly into the muffin tins and place one or two raspberries on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.