This dish is from my #EatInSeason: Summer Inspiration.
This is an exquisite summer salad. It is refreshing and moreish – bursting with seasonal freshness and contrasting textures.
You’ll Need (serves 4)
- 3 courgettes
- pinch of salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 100g Rocket
- 60g toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- a handful of basil leaves
- Cut the courgette lengthwise into ribbons with a vegetable peeler or mandolin, toss lightly with a scant sprinkle of salt, lemon zest and drizzle 1 tbsp only of the olive oil.
- Leave to stand for 5 minutes before tossing with the feta and rocket, arrange on a platter.
- Sprinkle with hazelnuts, drizzle with remaining oil and finish with the basil leaves.
Photo credit: Emma Godwin