You’ll Need (Serves 2)
- 2 whole mackerel 240 – 260g, gutted and cleaned
For the spice rub
- 1 tbsp coconut or light olive oil
- 1 tsp cayenne or chilli powder
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- 2 tsp English mustard
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp honey
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
For the salad
- 10cm cucumber, chopped
- handful of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- a few handfuls of spinach, finely chopped
- 5 radishes, sliced
- Pre-heat the oven to 220/200 fan.
- Mix all the spice rub ingredients together and make three deep cuts on each side at the fattest part. Rub the spice rub all over the fish, including into the cuts and cook on a baking tray for 12 minutes, or until done.
- Mix the salad ingredients together, top with the mackerel and a dollop of coconut yoghurt (optional).