This is from #EatInSeason: Summer Inspiration.
Best served beautifully chilled, of course, this is a light, eloquent summer cocktail to serve to friends. If you prefer a non-alcoholic version, try sparkling apple or elderflower pressé, both work beautifully.
You’l need (makes 6 glasses)
- Champagne (or Prosecco, if you prefer)
- ½ cucumber (smaller the better here – if you can get your hands on a Lebanese cucumber, more’s the better)
- 480ml fresh clear apple juice
- half a punnet of raspberries
- Few sprigs of mint, leaves picked
Cut the cucumber into long thin strips and swirl 2 into each glass, fill halfway with apple juice, then top with champagne, a few raspberries, and some mint leaves.