Prep time: 5 mins // Cook time: 8 mins // Serves 4-6
I think every fridge should have some frittata slices in it. Possibly the easiest and swiftest meal to make, it stores well and is just as tasty cold as when straight out of the oven. It works for any meal of the day and I think it’s a perfect option to have in the fridge for a hungry household or for a busy person. It’s also very versatile, as you can use any vegetables that you have in the fridge. I always try to add in seasonal produce – so do swap in the ingredients for something brilliantly fresh.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 10 cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 courgette, sliced into thin half rounds
- 50g fresh peas
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tsp finely chopped chives
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard (optional)
- 6 eggs, beaten
1. Preheat the grill.
2. Bring a large ovenproof frying pan to a medium heat, add the coconut oil, then add all the vegetables and the chives. Stir and sauté for 1 minute, then add salt and black pepper to taste. Add the mustard, if using, to the eggs and beat to combine. Pour the eggs over the vegetables in the pan, and stir a little.
3. Once the egg has almost solidified, place the pan under the grill for another 1–2 minute until slightly firm and the top has browned a little. Remove and allow to rest for 1 minute before slicing and serving.