These kebabs are super simple and full of colour – delicious on their own or with a fresh green salad. They make they make an ideal healthy barbecue option and would works just as well with prawns, chicken or any fish.
Ingredients // Serves 2-4:
2 wild salmon fillets (or fish of choice)
1 fennel bulb
1 lemon, washed
1 red onion, peeled, quartered and each layer separated
1 garlic clove, peeled and roughly chopped
2 tsp chilli flakes
2 tbsp olive oil
Fresh dill, roughly chopped
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas mark 3.
2. Soak 4 wooden skewers in a large bowl of cold water.
3. Meanwhile, chop the salmon fillets into bite sized chunks and place in a mixing bowl.
4. Wash the fennel and remove the outer layers. Remove the hard core, by slicing a triangle shape around it. Then slice the fennel into bite-sized pieces and add to the bowl. Keep the thin so that they cook through.
5. Slice the lemon and add to the bowl along with the onion slices, the garlic and the chilli flakes. Add the olive oil and mix well together.