Taken from ‘Winter Inspiration‘: 6 seasonal dishes that I hope will inspire you to celebrate some of this season’s delights.
You’ll Need (Serves 4)
- 4 salmon fillets about 400g
- 5 spring onions, white and greens roughly chopped
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- zest of 1 lime
- small bunch of coriander, chopped, including stalks
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Salad and Cress, to serve
- Place the 1/3 of the salmon chunks, spring onions, ginger, lime zest, and coriander into a processor and blend until roughly combined, don’t let it become a puree. Add the remaining salmon and pulse a couple of time only, it should still have some chunks of fish. If you have time, leave this to chill for 30 minutes, it will be easier to handle.
- With wet hands, shape into four burgers about 8cm wide and leave to firm up a further 30 minutes in the fridge, if you have time. Pre-heat oven to 200/180fan/gas 6. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the burgers for a couple of minutes on each side to brown, place on a lined baking sheet and finish in the oven for 8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with a salad, spicy cress and a wedge of lime
Image credit: Emma Godwin