You’ll Need (Serves 2)
- 1 medium trout 450g, gutted and cleaned
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 medium red onion, sliced
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 clove garlic, grated or crushed
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 100 – 150ml water
- handful of parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp capers
- Pre-heat oven to 220/200 fan.
- Spread the vegetables on a non-stick baking tray and rub the garlic and olive around, especially on the potatoes, add thyme, season lightly and add a small glass of water, about 150ml.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then add the fish and bake for a further 15 minutes, if your fish is larger it may need more time, so check the thickest part of the flesh with a knife to see if it is done.
- When cooked serve topped with parsley and capers.