Teasing the delicate green bean from it’s tougher grey skin is a great job for small fingers if you have idle children to spare. If you don’t fancy skinning all 500g of beans, try adding some peas to make up the weight, they also work very well in this refreshing summery dip.
You’ll Need (serves 3)
- 500g podded broad beans (weight with grey skins on)
- 1 handful of mint
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for dressing
- ½ tsp maldon salt
- 1 spring onion, chopped
A selection of vegetables crudités:
Asparagus, beets, carrot, ucumber, celery, chicory leaves, little gem hearts, peppers, radish
1. Blanch the broad beans in boiling water for 5 mins, until just cooked through and refresh in ice-cold water.
2. Peel off the grey skins and put into a food processor along with the rest of the ingredients.
3. Whizz until smooth and serve with a drizzle of olive oil and a selection of vegetable crudités.