I love the combination of zesty salsas on fish. Here, sweet young broad beans work so well with the simple flavours of herbs and lemon to create a perfect plate for warmer days.
You’ll Need (serves 2)
- 2 fillets of organic salmon
- coconut or avocado oil, for rubbing
- 200g of podded broad beans (weight with grey skins on)
- ¼ cucumber (90g), deseeded and finely diced
- ¼ medium red onion, finely diced
- zest and juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp capers, roughly chopped if large
- 1 tbsp good olive oil
- a few handfuls of herbs, chives, mint, parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre heat oven to 220/200fan and line a small baking tray with foil.
2. Rub a little coconut or avocado oil on the salmon, season and place skin side up on the baking tray. Cook for 15 minutes. If you like crispy skin, finish under a hot grill for 1-2 minutes, but keep a close eye on it.
3. While the fish is cooking, blanch the broad beans in boiling water for 5 minutes then refresh in ice cold water. Remove the grey skins and put in a bowl along with the rest of the salsa ingredients, stir gently and season to taste.
4. Serve with the fish and a drizzle of olive oil on top.