In my pre-nutritionist days I was a crisp addict – they were a hard habit to break and still to this day despite my knowledge of their damage to my arteries, weight & skin, I battle to walk away from them if they are within reach! I love something crunchy. A couple of years ago while browsing recipes on the Internet, I came across a recipe for spicy baked chickpeas, which I was instantly drawn to. I’ve tried a few different flavours and settled with this as my favourite: delicious AND healthy. Can’t beat that!
- 1 can of organic chickpeas, thoroughly rinsed, drained and dried
- 2 tsp of Harissa powder or paste (or more if you like more of a kick!)
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Optional – coriander
- Mix all together in a bowl and ensure all the chickpeas are covered well.
- Spread onto a baking tray and bake at 150 for 30mins, giving the tray a shake every so often.
- The chickpeas should be crunchy right through when they are ready – if they are soggy, put them back in for a few more minutes.
- If they don’t get eaten all at once, store in a glass jar for 2-3 days.