You’ll Need (Serves 2-3)
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- ¼ tsp tumeric
- 1 pointed spring or Savoy cabbage, core removed & sliced
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut
- juice of 1 lime
You will need to have all your ingredients measured out and chopped beforehand as this is an extremely quick dish to make”
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok, to medium high.
- Add the mustard, cumin and coriander seeds, they should sizzle and begin to pop after 30-45 seconds, do not let them burn or it will taste bitter.
- Add the turmeric, reduce the heat to medium, add the cabbage and chilli and toss until it is coated.
- Sprinkle over the coconut and toss again. This will take just a few minutes and the cabbage should retain some of its crunch, but become a lovely yellow from the spices.
- Sprinkle with lime juice, season with salt and serve immediately.
This can also be eaten cold the next day if you have leftovers.