This was filmed on my second appearance on ITV’s This Morning with Phil and Amanda. Here I discuss the virtues of using coconut oil and I demonstrate with one of my current quick and easy meals – Prawn & Mango stir fry.
With sales of coconut products soaring in the last 12 months, coconut has become the wonder ingredient everyone’s talking about.
Serves: 2- 4
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 30 raw organic prawns
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1 red onion, quartered and finely sliced
- zest and juice of one unwaxed lemon
- 1 large handful fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
Serve with jasmine rice
- Place a medium sauté pan over a medium heat and add the coconut oil and heat.
- Saute the red onion until just soft not browned.
- Add the fresh ginger and sauté for a minute or so.
- Add the mango and lemon zest, stir and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the raw prawns and heat for a minute until they turn pink and fully cooked approximately two minutes.
- Finish with the fresh coriander and serve immediately.