Recipe taken from my book Cook. Nourish. Glow.
This is a fail safe meal for any time of day. Make up lots in advance and eat it whenever you need something tasty, delicious and filling.
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped or grated
- 1 thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped or grated
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 lime leaf, finely shredded
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, finely chopped
- 500ml fish or vegetable stock
- 2 salmon fillets, skinned
- 2 pak choi, leaves separated
- small handful fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Heat the coconut oil in a medium saucepan and fry the shallots, garlic, ginger and chilli for a few minutes to soften. Add the lime leaf and lemongrass to the pan and cook for another minute.
- Pour in the stock, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat. Simmer gently for 10-12 minutes to infuse the flavours. Add the salmon fillets and allow to poach for 7-8 minutes over a gentle heat. Add the pak choi leaves for the last minute of cooking.
- Arrange the salmon fillets and pak choi in serving bowls and ladle the fragrant broth over – remove the lime leaf and lemongrass before serving. Garnish with the coriander.
Photo credit: Susan Bell