You’ll Need (Serves 2)
- 2 trout fillets, about 200g – 250g
- 2 courgettes, spiralized
Brazil nut salsa verde
- 8 brazil nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 10g mint, finely chopped
- 20g basil, finely chopped
- 20g parsley, finely chopped
- 2 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 2 tsp mustard, Dijon or wholegrain
- 3-4 tbsp good olive oil
- pinch of salt
- I love to hand chop salsa verde as I find the chunky texture pleasing but if you have a small blender and don’t have the time to languish, whizz everything up – but not to a puree, try to keep some texture. Make sure the nuts are chopped well before you whizz.
- To steam the trout: place the fillets skin side down on a piece of baking paper in the steamer (otherwise it sticks), and steam at a gentle simmer for around five minutes, until cooked through. Timings will depend on thickness, so ensure to check it’s cooked prior to taking it out.
- In a frying pan, sauté the courgetti in a little oil for just a few minutes to soften it, then toss with the salsa and top with the trout.