Recipe taken from Healthy Christmas Leftovers
I love to make little pots of pâté to dip crunchy crudités into, or to spoon generously onto little gem lettuce boats. Here, Ieftover Christmas turkey lends itself to one of my favourite types of pâté; packed full of healthy fats and protein, this makes a super light lunch after the richness of Christmas Day.
Serves 2-6 (depending on how you serve it!)
- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 sage leaves
- pinch of nutmeg
- 250-300g cooked turkey
- 1 lemon – juice & zest
- 1 tsp salt
- generous few grinds of pepper
- 2 – 3 tbsp great quality extra virgin olive oil
- Gently fry the onions and sage leaves together in a little light olive oil until soft, about 4-6 mins.
- Place in a food processor with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth, adjust the olive oil accordingly to get it smooth but not too ‘wet’. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Store in an airtight container, drizzled with a little more olive oil if you’d like.