I am sadly not able to take on new clients for Nutritional Therapy consultations and, due to the high volume of requests, I cannot provide individual advice or health guidance by email.

However, I do encourage you to find a Nutritional Therapist or Functional Medical Practitioner in your area (see below for details).

How do I find a qualified nutritionist?

If you wish to seek the guidance and support of a nutritional therapist, it is vital to ensure that they are appropriately qualified and regulated. For a list of registered practitioners in your area, take a look at the following websites:




Alternatively, for those on a budget and with time to travel, the Institute for Optimum Nutrition in Richmond (the school where I trained) offers appointments with final year students and graduate practitioners on placement, as well as specialist & experienced practitioners – all in their main clinic. They are also on hand to take client enquiries and if they are unable to take a case on (often because the client lives too far away) they will carefully research and recommend the best practitioner for you based on location and specialism.

My relationship with food is complicated. Can you recommend a therapist or counsellor?

Firstly, well done for taking the first step to tackling your relationship with food. It may have been a long and challenging journey for you, but hopefully by seeking information about where you can access more help and support, you are already on your way to a healthier, more positive place around food, eating and body image.

Some nutritional therapists are trained to help with the emotional issues surrounding food, but you should also try BACP British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy bacp.co.uk. Good luck!

Please note that the information on this website is provided for general information only, it should not be treated as a substitute for the medical advice of your own doctor or any other health care professional providing personalised nutrition or lifestyle advice. If you have any concerns about your general health, you should contact your local health care provider.

This website uses some carefully selected affiliate links. If you buy through these links, we may earn an affiliate commission, at no additional cost to you. This helps to keep all of our online content free for everyone to access. Thank you.