Chicken, Cauliflower & Pistachio Salad
I sometimes roast chicken specifically to make this salad. It is that good. Every mouthful is exciting.
- 150g leftover roast chicken pieces
- 30g pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1 bag of watercress (60g)
- 1 x 280g jar of artichoke hearts, drained of their oil
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 2–3 large florets of cauliflower (approx. 150g) chopped
- Pomegranate seeds (optional)
For the dressing*:
- 2 tablespoons plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 fresh mint leaves, or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- The juice of ½ a lemon
- A generous pinch of sea salt
* Tip: If you’re short on time, this is also lovely just drizzled with extra virgin olive oil, with a generous squeeze of lemon and a pinch of sea salt.
Blend all the dressing ingredients together using a stick blender.
Mix all the salad ingredients together.
If you are making it for your lunchbox, add half the dressing to the bottom of each box, then tumble the salad on top.
Shake well before eating.
MORE TO EXPLORE
Please note: Although we do our best to ensure that recipes are correctly tagged according to ingredients, potential benefit, dietary requirements, type of dish or other filter, this is a manual process and errors may occur. Please therefore take care to thoroughly review the listed ingredients and method before commencing cooking to ensure none of the ingredients or methods given may cause adverse effects to anyone consuming the food. We do not provide any assurances nor accept any responsibility or liablity with regard to the originality, efficacy, quality or safety of recipes or articles.
This website uses some carefully selected affiliate links. If you buy through these links, we may earn an affiliate commission, at no additional cost to you. This helps to keep all of our online content free for everyone to access. Thank you for your support as every little helps.